1. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
This story was not what I expected in the best way possible.
2. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Warrior in training + Future King + Lost Magic = Fantastic Debut Novel
3. Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano
A spot on thriller with captivating characters.
4. The Young Elites by Marie Lu [Mini Review]
I was not expecting such a dark and unpredictable fantasy.
Looks like 2014 was the year of endings. No wonder I've been an emotional mess.
5. The Treatment by Suzanne Young
I finished both The Program and The Treatment in two days! I can always count on Suzanne for some angsty romance.
6. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
It has been a pleasure reading about these characters. Reading this on the plane was probably not the best idea as tears were streaming down my face.
7. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I still remember the day I received the ARC of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer my freshman year. After 4 years, the story of Mara dyer has come to an end, and I couldn't be happier with how Hodkin finished the story.
8. Ignite Me by Tahareh Mafi
As always, Tahareh does not disappoint.
9. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
I am incredibly impressed by Leigh’s beautiful storytelling. I wanted to quote the entire book.
10. Take Me On by Katie McGarry
A champion kickboxer and West. That is all.
I NEED the next book now.
12. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan MatsonI LOVE the concept of completing a bucket list! My friends and I actually made our own “Senior Year” bucket list inspired by this story. Also, FRANK PORTER. Read this and you will understand.
I will go into more detail about these great books soon Check the blog for the upcoming reviews!
13. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard [February 10, 2015]
You all NEED this book. Just trust me. Victoria really knows how to start a series.
14. The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski [March 3, 2015]
A fantastic follow up to The Winner’s Curse.
It's about time I created my Top 14 with only 5 days left before 2015. As usual, I made my way over to my goodreads to select my books. I noticed something surprising when I checked my account. As everyone is finishing up their goodreads challenges, I noticed I am only at 35 books this year. THIRTY FIVE. I guess it's still a good amount, but compared to my last few years of finishing 100+ books, 35 books is an incredibly sad number.
Unfortunately, this number makes sense as the end of senior year is quickly approaching. (How are my fellow senior bloggers doing?) The blog will continue to be slow as I finish up the last of my college apps. Fortunately I still have a little over a week left to read and blog. I know I missed many great 2014 titles and planning on squeezing in few more reads before 2015.
What are some of your favorite 2014 titles that I definitely need to read?
Leave links to YOUR top reads of 2014 below!